Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Home of the 205th Desert Warriors

HomePortalLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

I'm still Alive!

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
RazorRaptor
Sergeant Major
Sergeant Major
RazorRaptor

I'm still Alive! Empty
PostSubject: I'm still Alive!   I'm still Alive! EmptyFri Aug 14, 2009 11:39 pm

Recently, there was a vicious storm in my area, and we had lost power for almost three days, and we didn't have TV, internet or phone until a half an hour ago. I see lots of things have changed around here, and I am aware that we are no longer a Operation 7 clan. I'll get some pictures of this devastating storm up later.

Quotes from this incident:
My Uncle Dean was down in New Orleans after Katrina hit (he is an EMT)
He said "This is like walking around after Katrine hit, only it doesn't smell as bad."

My Neighbors said "We were lucky, if that branch had fallen 5 feet to the left, our son's room would have been demolished."

My family and I were having a cookout at the local park, let's just say if we had been at that park five minutes after we left, it would have ended in tears, as a pine tree snapped in half and smashed the picnic table we were sitting at a few moments before.
Me and my dad went to pick up some flashlights at Meijer, and we got locked out of our own town by the police. We had to stay at a hotel for a night.

This was a horrible storm, and we are still recovering from it.

Thanks for reading this tragic story, luckily only one person was killed, but almost 100,000 people were out of power. A house just down the road from me nearly got sliced in half.
Back to top Go down
EndOfTheLine1
1st Lieutenant
1st Lieutenant
EndOfTheLine1

I'm still Alive! Empty
PostSubject: Re: I'm still Alive!   I'm still Alive! EmptySat Aug 15, 2009 12:35 am

omg that blows dude Sad
Back to top Go down
turtleman101
Lance Corporal
Lance Corporal
turtleman101

I'm still Alive! Empty
PostSubject: Re: I'm still Alive!   I'm still Alive! EmptySat Aug 15, 2009 4:31 am

is it the one about a week ago where there was a hurricane and a tropical storm running paralel and the topical was feeding the hurricane??? just wondering cuz that was the only cool-weathered day out in the middl of the desert we have had all year lol
Back to top Go down
RazorRaptor
Sergeant Major
Sergeant Major
RazorRaptor

I'm still Alive! Empty
PostSubject: Re: I'm still Alive!   I'm still Alive! EmptySat Aug 15, 2009 6:03 am

turtleman101 wrote:
is it the one about a week ago where there was a hurricane and a tropical storm running paralel and the topical was feeding the hurricane??? just wondering cuz that was the only cool-weathered day out in the middl of the desert we have had all year lol
I live up in Michigan, we don't get tropical storms here.
Back to top Go down
Admin
General
General

I'm still Alive! Empty
PostSubject: Re: I'm still Alive!   I'm still Alive! EmptySat Aug 15, 2009 7:05 am

almost read luckily one person was killed. xD
Back to top Go down
MiroTheKiller
1st Lieutenant
1st Lieutenant
MiroTheKiller

I'm still Alive! Empty
PostSubject: Re: I'm still Alive!   I'm still Alive! EmptySat Aug 15, 2009 7:17 am

so there isnt any damage done to the property of your family right?
Back to top Go down
RazorRaptor
Sergeant Major
Sergeant Major
RazorRaptor

I'm still Alive! Empty
PostSubject: Re: I'm still Alive!   I'm still Alive! EmptySat Aug 15, 2009 8:34 am

MiroTheKiller wrote:

Well my aunt and uncle had the electric meter ripped right off their house, and a few downed trees in both yards, I'd say we got it pretty lucky. Still, many people don't have power.
Back to top Go down
turtleman101
Lance Corporal
Lance Corporal
turtleman101

I'm still Alive! Empty
PostSubject: .   I'm still Alive! EmptySat Aug 15, 2009 1:28 pm

RazorRaptor wrote:
MiroTheKiller wrote:

Well my aunt and uncle had the electric meter ripped right off their house, and a few downed trees in both yards, I'd say we got it pretty lucky. Still, many people don't have power.
stone age FTL...
Back to top Go down
RazorRaptor
Sergeant Major
Sergeant Major
RazorRaptor

I'm still Alive! Empty
PostSubject: Re: I'm still Alive!   I'm still Alive! EmptySat Aug 15, 2009 4:41 pm

Admin wrote:

I lol'ed.
Back to top Go down
Admin
General
General

I'm still Alive! Empty
PostSubject: Re: I'm still Alive!   I'm still Alive! EmptySat Aug 15, 2009 6:22 pm

RazorRaptor wrote:
Admin wrote:

I lol'ed.

WOOT WE HAD A PERSON KILLED! WE DIDNT THINK ANYBODY WOULD DIE! WE ARE SO LUCKY!
Back to top Go down
MiroTheKiller
1st Lieutenant
1st Lieutenant
MiroTheKiller

I'm still Alive! Empty
PostSubject: Re: I'm still Alive!   I'm still Alive! EmptySat Aug 15, 2009 7:03 pm

so what did you do when you didnt have power?
you didnt...read books did you?
i heard they are dangerous
Back to top Go down
RazorRaptor
Sergeant Major
Sergeant Major
RazorRaptor

I'm still Alive! Empty
PostSubject: Re: I'm still Alive!   I'm still Alive! EmptySun Aug 16, 2009 2:32 am

MiroTheKiller wrote:
so what did you do when you didnt have power?
you didnt...read books did you?
i heard they are dangerous

No, worse, we played board games and flashlight tag at night.
Back to top Go down
EndOfTheLine1
1st Lieutenant
1st Lieutenant
EndOfTheLine1

I'm still Alive! Empty
PostSubject: Re: I'm still Alive!   I'm still Alive! EmptySun Aug 16, 2009 5:30 am

lol im an electronice based person, but i can live without it for a BIT
Back to top Go down
MiroTheKiller
1st Lieutenant
1st Lieutenant
MiroTheKiller

I'm still Alive! Empty
PostSubject: Re: I'm still Alive!   I'm still Alive! EmptySun Aug 16, 2009 6:09 am

man a few years ago they stopped the electricity at our villa house so we had to cope with no power for a whole summer
actually i can live without it
it just means less things to do at my free time not starve to death or something
Back to top Go down
RazorRaptor
Sergeant Major
Sergeant Major
RazorRaptor

I'm still Alive! Empty
PostSubject: Re: I'm still Alive!   I'm still Alive! EmptySun Aug 16, 2009 2:35 pm

EndOfTheLine1 wrote:
lol im an electronice based person, but i can live without it for a BIT

I died during this event, then the power came back on and I was still dead because of no internet and TV. Then when that came on, I lived again! We still don't have phone service, though.
Back to top Go down
MiroTheKiller
1st Lieutenant
1st Lieutenant
MiroTheKiller

I'm still Alive! Empty
PostSubject: Re: I'm still Alive!   I'm still Alive! EmptyMon Aug 17, 2009 6:50 am

who needs phone service anyway Smile ?
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

I'm still Alive! Empty
PostSubject: Re: I'm still Alive!   I'm still Alive! Empty

Back to top Go down

I'm still Alive!
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
 :: Announcements-
Jump to: