Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Home of the 205th Desert Warriors

HomePortalLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Police Report

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage

Police Report Empty
PostSubject: Police Report   Police Report EmptyWed Feb 18, 2009 6:31 am

I am writing in response for additional information. In block number 3 of the accident report form, I put "poor planning" as the cause of my accident. You said in your letter that I should explain more and I trust that the following details are sufficient:

I am a bricklayer by trade. On the day of the accident, I was working alone on the roof of a new 6-storey building. When I completed my work, I discovered that I had about 500 pounds of bricks left over. Rather than carrying them down by hand, I decided to lower them in a barrel using a pulley which fortunately was attached to the side of the building on the sixth floor.

Securing the rope at ground level, I went up to the roof, swung the barrel out and loaded the bricks into it. Then i went back down to the ground floor and untied the rope, holding it tightly to ensure a slow decent of 500 pounds of bricks. You will note that in block number 11 of the accident reporting form that I weigh 135 pounds. Due to the surprise of being jercked off the ground so suddenly, I lost my presence of mind and forgot to let go of the rope. I proceeded at a rather rapid rate up the side of the building.

In the vicinity of the third floor, I met the barrel coming down. That explains the fractured skull and broken collarbone. Slowed only slightly, I continued my rapid ascent, not stopping until the fingers of my right hand were two knuckles deep into the pulley. Fortunately by this time, I regained my presence of mind and was able to hold on to the rope tightly in spite of my pain.

At approximately the same time, however, the barrel of bricks hit the ground - and the bottom fell out of the barrel. Devoid of bricks, the barrel now weighed about 50 pounds. I refer to you now to my weight in block number 11. As you might imagine, I began a rapid descent down the side of the building.

In the vicinity of the third floor, I met the barrel coming up. This accounts for the two fractured ankles and lacerations of my legs and lower body. The encounter with the barrel, slowed me down enough to lessen my injuries when I fell onto the pile of bricks and fortunately, only two vertebrae were cracked. I am sorry to report that as I lay there on the bricks in pain, unable to move and watching the barrel six storeys above - I again lost my presence of mind.

I let go of the rope.
Back to top Go down

Police Report Empty
PostSubject: Re: Police Report   Police Report EmptyWed Feb 18, 2009 9:12 am

is tat true i dont get it did he die if it was true then too bad for him lol! lol! lol! lol!
Back to top Go down
oceansaber
Colonel
Colonel

Police Report Empty
PostSubject: Re: Police Report   Police Report EmptyThu Feb 19, 2009 12:34 am

muahahahah, he's either close to dead or dying from that, iunno, thats pretty painful i think id rather die than live paralyzed like that
Back to top Go down
MiroTheKiller
1st Lieutenant
1st Lieutenant
MiroTheKiller

Police Report Empty
PostSubject: Re: Police Report   Police Report EmptyMon Feb 23, 2009 9:00 am

is this real?
Back to top Go down

Police Report Empty
PostSubject: Re: Police Report   Police Report EmptyMon Feb 23, 2009 9:05 am

mybe not
Back to top Go down
MiroTheKiller
1st Lieutenant
1st Lieutenant
MiroTheKiller

Police Report Empty
PostSubject: Re: Police Report   Police Report EmptyMon Feb 23, 2009 9:07 am

yea i thought so
Back to top Go down

Police Report Empty
PostSubject: Re: Police Report   Police Report EmptyMon Feb 23, 2009 9:08 am

cuz that is idiotic Laughing
Back to top Go down
MiroTheKiller
1st Lieutenant
1st Lieutenant
MiroTheKiller

Police Report Empty
PostSubject: Re: Police Report   Police Report EmptyMon Feb 23, 2009 9:12 am

yea Very Happy
Back to top Go down

Police Report Empty
PostSubject: Re: Police Report   Police Report EmptyMon Feb 23, 2009 11:18 am

Rather than carrying them down by hand, he decided to lower them in a barrel using a pulley which fortunately was attached to the side of the building on the sixth floor.

Securing the rope at ground level,hewent up to the roof, swung the barrel out and loaded the bricks into it. Thenhe went back down to the ground floor and untied the rope, holding it tightly to ensure a slow decent of 500 pounds of bricks.

come on who would do that alone!!!!
Back to top Go down
RazorRaptor
Sergeant Major
Sergeant Major
RazorRaptor

Police Report Empty
PostSubject: Re: Police Report   Police Report EmptySat Mar 21, 2009 9:48 pm

They did this on MythBusters (BTW my fav show). They proved that it couldn't happen without a modified barrel.
Back to top Go down
MiroTheKiller
1st Lieutenant
1st Lieutenant
MiroTheKiller

Police Report Empty
PostSubject: Re: Police Report   Police Report EmptySun Mar 22, 2009 8:12 am

its my fav show too well it used to be I don watch TV now
Back to top Go down
st3althk1ll
Private
Private

Police Report Empty
PostSubject: Re: Police Report   Police Report EmptySun May 03, 2009 9:36 pm

did tht really happen?
Back to top Go down
RazorRaptor
Sergeant Major
Sergeant Major
RazorRaptor

Police Report Empty
PostSubject: Re: Police Report   Police Report EmptyMon May 04, 2009 12:14 am

st3althk1ll wrote:
did tht really happen?

No, Mythbusters proved it not possible without a modified barrel (the last part) The first part could still happen, though.
Back to top Go down
DaRkZassasinZ
Gunnery Sergeant
Gunnery Sergeant
DaRkZassasinZ

Police Report Empty
PostSubject: Re: Police Report   Police Report EmptyMon May 04, 2009 2:12 am

RazorRaptor wrote:
st3althk1ll wrote:
did tht really happen?

No, Mythbusters proved it not possible without a modified barrel (the last part) The first part could still happen, though.
you also watch mythbusters nice Razz Razz Razz
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Police Report Empty
PostSubject: Re: Police Report   Police Report Empty

Back to top Go down

Police Report
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
 :: Misc. :: Jokes-
Jump to: